For people who live in Marin and work in San Francisco here are 5 reasons to take a Golden Gate Transit bus to work.
- You can. If we don’t use our public transportation we might lose it.
- It’s better for the environment than driving in.
- Way cheaper than driving in. You only have to pay the bus fare, no bridge toll, no parking fee, no gas, no wear and tear on your car.
- Frees up your time to do other things. You can read, rest, text, work, check your Facebook, tweet, blog, space out, whatever – all sorts of things you can’t (or shouldn’t!) do while driving.
- It’s one of the most beautiful commutes in the world!
I know there are hundreds of excuses why not to take the bus to work but I challenge you to try it. Don’t forget we also have the awesome Golden Gate Ferry option!
A friend whom I adore once quoted Eleanor Roosevelt to me when I was making an excuse for not doing something. That quote has stuck with me for years.
“Do one thing every day that scares you.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Yes, Marin is filled with many spandex wearing folks doing their part by commuting on a bike. I commend the cyclists. However, Marin is also full of very steep hills and not all of us have the strength to go up the hills or the guts to go down them on a bike. For the rest of us who are not triathletes , thankfully we have other options for getting around.
If you use some form of public or alternative transportation please leave a comment below sharing with others how you do it.
When you do start taking the bus here are some basic bus etiquette tips to follow.
Views from the bus
A year of photos from the bus: Google+ Album
- Plumbing Expert Public Service Announcement
- Other Mothers