14 Fun Things to do in the Bay Area
Fun things to do in the Bay Area this weekend. Are you trying to think of fun things to do with your family that is in town? Has your family already seen all the usual San Francisco tourist stops? Fisherman’s Wharf, shopping on Pier 39, the famous curvy Lombard Street and Ghirardelli Square? If so, here are some new ideas to entertain your out of town guests over the holiday season. Have fun!
- Take ferry to San Francisco and walk around the ferry building and then go ice skating in the Embarcadero (during the holiday season).
- Walk around Tiburon.
- Take a ferry to Angel Island and go for a hike.
- Go shopping on Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley.
- Visit the Camera Obscura in San Francisco. (The giant camera)
- Walk around Chinatown, be adventurous and try some Dim Sum.
- Visit a farm in Petaluma! Learn about where your food comes from.
- Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Go to Golden Gate Park Japanese Tea Garden, Botanical Gardens, Conservatory of Flowers and so much more.
- After Golden Gate Park you can walk around Haight Street and see the famous Haight/Ashbury neighborhood.
- Go for a Mountain Bike ride in Marin County
- Tuesday Night Comedy Night in Mill Valley with Mark Pitta.
- Take a drive to Stinson Beach and keep driving to find the secret town of Bolinas.
- Go wine tasting in Napa and then try some delicious vegetarian food.
If you have any suggestions for fun and unique things I didn’t list here please leave a comment letting us know.
- Ice Skating in the Embarcadero
- Pacific Catch in Corte Madera