Since Facebook is one of the world’s largest countries now and we are all living in it together… Here are a few things that might help keep the peace.
- When sending a bulk message on Facebook to a bunch of your friends: Please (PLEASE) think twice before doing this. Did you know when you send this message to your 20 best friends, every single time one of those people responds to that message, we ALL get the response. Mulitply that times 20 plus all the back and forth responses and that is a lot of messages in my email box that I don’t need to read nor want to read and it takes my precious time to delete those unwanted messages.
- When sending a long and salesy message from your personal profile or fan page this feels like spam to me. I did not ask for you to send me an email about your services or what you sell. I became a fan of your page because I want to support you or because I’m interested in your businesses but I did not sign up to receive messages from you. There is no unsubscribe link in Facebook messages so if I keep getting unwanted messages my only choices are to unfriend you or unfan your business.
- Farmville and all ville apps on Facebook: If you play those games, enjoy, have fun but please turn off your notifications. I really don’t want to know if you just bought another pink pig or watered your green beans today. I have never played Farmville so I don’t know if this really works but it is worth a try. I looked up how to stop Farmville from sending notifications and found this How To Stop Farmville From Sending Notifications on Yahoo answers. Can someone please verify that this works? (If lots of your friends are playing Farmville and you don’t want to know their status you can always click Hide when you see one of their Farmville udpates. Clicking Hide on the right side of the update will Hide all future Farmville updates.)
Thank you for listening to my tips rant. 😉
Have a nice day.
- Coworking Day 1 – Busy Bees
- LinkedIn Keeps Logging Me Out