If you are looking for some good, fast, healthy food to eat in San Francisco then Urban Picnic is the place to go. They offer healthy, organic, local, sustainable food and they have it ready fast! Celia went there a few months ago and was very impressed. She told me she got her healthy lunch in under 5 minutes for under $15. She insisted I try it. So a few weeks ago when we had a meeting nearby we went to Urban Picnic. It was great! They are located near the Sutter/Stockton Garage.
Urban Picnic is a hip and modern place. You can order your food to go or stay awhile and use their free wi-fi.
I just read on their Website that they are also very green. Pretty cool stuff!
Where financially possible, green design and practice were in mind.
- Paint – low VOC (volatile organic compounds) paint
- Furniture – communal bar table designed using reclaimed Douglas Fir wood – reuses existing resources.
- Lighting – CFL and LED lighting – CFL lighting alone uses 75% less energy than incandescent lighting.
- Equipment – where possible, energy star rated equipment, reduces green house gas emissions.
- Restroom Hand Warmer – eliminates paper consumption
- Restroom Light Auto Sensor – efficiently conserves energy consumption
- Restroom Water Faucet Auto Sensor – efficiently controls water consumption
- Disposal Bins – three bins to dispose accordingly: recycle, composting, trash
We had the Tempeh Spring Rolls for $6.95 (the best freshest tasting spring rolls we’ve ever eaten!)
We also had the Kale & Quinoa salad. Yummy and Fresh!
“It was a relief to find this super healthy place fast and affordable in the middle of junk food outlets and very expensive restaurants of the financial district. This place is really close to the Union Square. Perfect for having lunch during a work day or on a shopping day.” – Celia
125 Kearny Street (between Post and Sutter)
San Francisco, CA 94108
- Fun Event For FourSquare Fanatics
- Strange things happen in Marin County