You’ve probably heard about all the benefits of drinking Green tea. “Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder.” – Harvard Health Publications. I love Green tea when it is prepared correctly. I can’t stand bitter Green tea. Often when I get Green tea at coffee shops or restaurants it’s bitter and tastes awful!!!
Here’s my secret to making the perfect tasting cup of Green tea. Pay attention to suggestion #3.
- Start with some good quality tea such as Peet’s Rare Teas Jasmine Downy Pearls or Gyokuro Imperial.
- Boil water.
- Pour boiling water in to pot and let cool for 2 minutes BEFORE adding tea.*
- Add tea. I only use 10 of the pearls to make a small pot of tea.
- Let tea steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea from water.
- Enjoy your tea.
* Number 3 is the most important rule for making great tasting Green tea. If the water is too hot it makes the tea taste bitter.
- Whole Foods, Safeway or Trader Joe’s
- Marin County