Ms. @TamHolland arrived on the Twitter scene fairly recently and took it by storm. She has also inspired many of us in many ways. One of those ways is to take some time off of Twitter (and screens in general). She wrote this great post back in January called: Here’s How We Roll: 1979 Saturdays and she actually walks away from her screens every Saturday and does things off the computer (imagine that). She recently added in taking a Twitter break on Tuesdays.
Today a group of us were talking about taking some Twitter breaks. We started out talking about taking 15 minutes of conscious Twitter breaks and came to a group consensus (except for @fun_master who is trying to create an extra day in the week so she can have more days to tweet) to take Tuesday’s off of Twitter. We also agreed to take this one week at a time.
So what do you say? Do you want to participate in Twitterless Tuesdays with us? Just imagine all the things you could be doing if you were not tweeting. Here is a list I compiled:
- Spend time with your dog/cat/pet – take them for a walk, pet them, play ball with them. Imagine totally focused pet loving time with no screen distractions.
- Spend time with your kids/spouse/friend/partner – be fully present with them, listen to them, enjoy them IRL.
- Read – read a book, newspaper or a magazine – possibly find inspiration!
- Cook – pull out an old cookbook, cook something new, take the time to try a new recipe.
- Walk/Hike – go for a walk, appreciate your surroundings (instead of staring down at your phone).
- Clean/Organize – clean your house, organize your desk, wash your car, purge! Purging stuff always makes me happy.
- Meditate/Pray/Relax – quiet time does us all some good.
- Tune in to your creativity – write, make art, take photographs
- Work – fully focus on the work that needs to be done.
- Pick up the phone – call a friend or family member who is not on social media – just to say hi.
- Write a letter/Send a card – a real life paper and pen kind of letter and mail it. You’ll most likely put a smile on someone’s face.
- Garden – plant some flowers, pull some weeds, enjoy nature.
Celia would want me to add one more: Go for a bike ride!
What are you going to do with your extra focused time?
If you are joining us let us know by posting the hashtag #TwitterlessTuesday on Monday evenings when you sign off.
What will you be doing with your extra time?
I’d love to hear how your Twitterless Tuesday goes. Please leave a comment and let me know!
Maybe my next blog post will be Facebookless Fridays…
- Everybody needs a wife or 2 or 3 and a burger
- Money Honey