Simplify My Life: Out with the poop in with the newBy
2012 is the year I am going to simplify my life!
2011 was anything but simple. 2011 was probably the hardest year I have had since coming out of the closet.
Let’s just say 2011 was a bit of a poopy year.
***WARNING*** TMI coming up.
With extended “family” drama taken to a whole new level, a sewage flood that took out a large section of my house (there was literally human poop floating around my house), to the undiagnosed-but-most-likely-Ecoli-poisoning I had that made me poop blood, 2011 was a poopy year.
All this poop turned out to be very cleansing. The shit of the family literally came to the surface and we are slowly cleaning it up. The great poop flood of my home was a symbol of my life. My home is now beautifully remodeled. The food poisoning gave me a serious cleanse and took with it those extra 10 pounds I had been carrying around.
Now that the poop has been washed away I am ready for a clean, simple 2012.
To start with I am going to intentionally plan simplicity in to my life and focus on the things I love: my family, friends, my dog, hiking, cooking, reading, blogging, tweeting, etc.
I’m going to…
- downsize my social life. Taking an idea from Lissa Rankin, I’m making a list of special people in my life that I want to spend more time with. I am going to say no to events and invitations that I feel obligated to attend and only say yes to spending quality time with the special people in my life.
- eat out less and cook more healthy meals at home.
- spend more time reading books, less time on the internet.
- more time hiking with my dog.
- more time blogging.
- more time serving others. (going to start volunteering)
What are your plans for 2012?