The Book Passage is one of my favorite places to meet with people. Besides being a wonderful resource to the community as an independently owned bookstore; the Book Passage has an awesome cafe.
Why does it matter to me that the Book Passage an independently owned book store?
Indie Bound does a good job explaining:
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community–where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.
The Book Passage in Marin is located at:
51 Tamal Vista Blvd.
Corte Madera, CA 94925
They are also on Twitter! Follow them @BookPassage
The Book Passage in San Francisco is just a ferry ride away from Marin! It’s located in the beautiful San Francisco ferry building.
1 Ferry Building, #42
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Kate Clinton is Coming to Marin on May 2
- Calling All Artists – Tiburon Art Festival 2010